Building Bridges of Encouragement
Building Bridges of Encouragement
Paul wrote in Romans 1:11-12, "For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you - that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine."
Isn't it true that every pastor, every church leader, and every church member needs encouragement? Yes, we all need it! And isn't it awesome when we can encourage each other in our faith?
Last month Darrell Winters and David McGovern, from South Whitwell Baptist Church, were able to come to Panama. We asked them to come in order to connect them with a specific church in the city to provide encouragement in our faith. For three days Darrell, David, and I (Clip) met with the pastor of the church (Edrisí) and other leaders. We also spent a lot of time in fellowship with the church body.
We are so thankful Darrell and David were willing to come! We believe that their sacrifice and willingness to come to meet these brothers and sisters face-to-face has created a bond in which both churches now have an opportunity to continue to be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
Darrell and David with some of the members of Pacora Baptist Church.
Mobilizing for More Missions
Please pray with us for Erik Mora and his family (pictured below). He is the associate pastor at Emaus Baptist Church in Rio Indio (where we hold many of our seminars). Last month another missionary, Kenny Morris, and I (Clip) talked to Erik in great detail. He and his family feel called to move to another area of Panama called Bocas del Toro as missionaries. They would do a lot of ministry with the Ngöbe Buglé people.
Kenny and I encouraged him to get the blessing and support of his pastor, his church, and the association of churches in that area. If this is God's will, we know they will go. We want to help prepare, train, and mobilize them for this move as they follow God's leading.
We are praying, and we will be back in Rio Indio this month. We will continue to have conversations and see what the Lord does. We'll also keep you updated in our November newsletter.
The Mora family. They are praying about moving to Bocas del Toro as missionaries.
- We are attending Iglesia de La Gracia (Grace Church) this month, because Clip is teaching Sunday School and preaching for a missionary who is currently in the States.
- We are looking forward to a visit from a good friend, Halston Duke. Halston and Clip will be going to Rio Indio to do some electrical work at the church and in a house.
- We are preparing for another seminar in Reo Indio in November
Praises & Prayer Requests
- After waiting for all the required items, Mary was able to get her Panamanian driver's license.
- Darrell and David had a good trip. Please continue to pray for the brothers and sisters at Pacora Baptist Church.
- The shape of our ministry is developing for 2018. Please pray that we will focus on what the Lord wants.
- Our continued language learning.
- Genuine revival in Panamá.
To say "thank you" never seems like enough. However, we truly are thankful for the prayers and the financial partnership that we receive from so many of you.
If you would like to know more about us and our ministry in Panama, or if you would like to see previous newsletters, you can click on the link below.
More in Missionary Blogs
October 19, 2017The Mathews Family
October 12, 2017The Wears Family Update
October 12, 2017The Telmans - Answering God's Call to Uganda, East Africa