Spotlight: Edgardo Lopez
Edgardo's story is a story of the power of the gospel. He grew up in a pentecostal church, but when he was 15, his dad decided his family needed to leave the church due to bad doctrine. Later, Edgardo was saved on March 7, 2016. He said, "I was saved because as I read the Bible I saw I was a sinner in need of a Savior.” The Word of God is powerful!
Edgardo is a 20-year-old young man whom I (Clip) met at a mechanic’s shop in February 2017.
In January, Mary and I began to meet with Edgardo and his girlfriend, Sara, for discipleship. During the first meeting we asked if they would be willing to meet once a week to study the Bible together, pray together, and grow in our faith. They looked at each other and after a long pause - we thought they weren't interested - they said (remember, all of this is in Spanish), “We don’t think one time each week is enough.” Wow! They are so hungry to grow in their relationship with the Lord.
We praise the Lord that both Edgardo and Sara want to follow Christ whole-heartedly and want to help others follow Jesus! Please be praying for them to this end.
Note: Edgardo has graduated from aviation school and has his pilot’s license. He is waiting until he turns 21 in order to apply to COPA airlines as a pilot. Sara, who just turned 19, will begin aviation school at the end of this month.
We were invited to a surprise birthday party for Sara. It was fun seeing how Panamians celebrate a birthday, and it was interesting to hear a true "Panamanian" Spanish. They have so many idioms in Panama!
Pictured above is the church where Sara's dad is the pastor. Clip recently had the opportunity to preach in the church, and he preached from Colossians 1:1-14 about the importance of the gospel for every day of our lives .
We are amazed that we get to travel around the beautiful country of Panamá and see God's wonderful work of creation. He truly is an amazing Creator!
- The Mora family possibly has a house available for them to use if they’re able to move to Bocas del Toro.
- The Lord graciously answered some big requests for several dear friends - adoptions, healing from cancer, and providing financial needs. He is faithful, and our faith is increased!
- Please pray for Mary’s family. Her granny went home to be with the Lord on February 23. She was a godly prayer warrior who loved her family very much.
- Please pray for Isaac and Mary as he has begun first grade. As many of you know, homeschooling is great and rewarding, but it takes a lot of work.
- Please pray that we will have physical strength, spiritual strength, and wisdom as we continue several discipleship groups. We currently have groups in our home 4 nights a week. While we do love it, we’ve realized we are tired. We plan to not have any meetings the week of March 11, so we can rest, renew, and study.