The Suddeth Family Ministry Update
Teaching Trip to Lajas Blancas
The week of teaching in the province of Darien went very well. I (Clip) picked up Russ Turner and Oscar Treminio (a Costa Rican pastor) from the airport in Panamá City, and then we made the three hour drive southeast toward Colombia to the Chucunaque River. We then took a fifteen minute canoe ride up the river to the village of Lajas Blancas.
We held seminars each morning and afternoon and services each evening. A variety of topics were taught, and the Embera people were receptive and thankful for the teaching. I was able to have more meaningful one-on-one conversations with people than my Spanish allowed in the past, for which I was encouraged.
We are looking at March 2018 for a return trip in order to go to villages further away.
Lajas Blancas is along the river, which is a very important part of life for the people. The river is used for transportation, laundry and bathing.
Pictured are the majority of the people who attended the seminars each day.
Río Indio Update
As many of you know, Río Indio is a location where we hold 3 seminars each year. Our family has also been able to go there several times between seminars. Clip went back to Río Indio on August 26-28 to be a part of an evangelistic crusade and to preach on Sunday. Everything seemed to go very well.
Praises & Prayer Requests
- The Lord is working in Río Indio, and we thank Him for the opportunities He is giving us to serve the people there.
- The trip to Lajas Blancas was a fruitful and successful trip.
- Darrell, the pastor of South Whitwell Baptist Church, and David, a deacon in the church, are coming this month to meet with the leadership of one of the Panamanian churches. Please pray this will be a time of mutual encouragement and strengthening (Romans 1:12).
- Our continued language learning.
- Genuine revival in Panamá.
Thank you for your partnership! As Paul wrote in Colossians 1:3, "we always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you ...
We do pray for you often, and we are thankful for your prayers for us and the ministry in Panamá.
More in Missionary Blogs
October 19, 2017The Mathews Family
October 12, 2017The Wears Family Update
October 12, 2017The Telmans - Answering God's Call to Uganda, East Africa